Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, September 01, 2014

First Days of School

The first days of school have come and gone. Austen was excited to start second grade. Second grade. I remember when I was in the second grade. It wasn't that long ago! Or maybe it was. At any rate, he loves his teacher, his friends and desperately wants me to let him walk home by himself. We are only about three blocks from school but still not old enough in my opinion! Next year you can, I tell him knowing I will probably meet him at the corner anyway and kids walk home in droves in our sleepy small town.



Peyton also had her first day and announced the goats and the chickens are back at her school. (Yes, they do have these animals and a bunny in their 'backyard'.) She talks about her good friends at school which is a change from last year where I had no idea who she played with that was her age. Since of  course she mentioned only the big kids. Last year of 'preschool' before kindergarten next year. Good thing she insisted she also do homework like her brother. Good study habits start early!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home