Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Birthdays

I don't remember how old I am anymore. And, I can't actually remember when that started happening either. Maybe somewhere around my mid 30s. The fact is that birthdays are just a number and if you start thinking about how old you are or how much life you have left to live then you just start missing life. I don't want to miss any of it, especially as I begin a new year. 

I do remember enough to know it wasn't a milestone birthday for me but it was the beginning of a milestone for me. A new path to follow in life where before I had been straddling two paths. How much easier to follow only one. To worry about only one. I have often said that straddling both paths was always easier. I'm not so sure that's true anymore. For what I had been doing was hard. I see how hard it was now and I have no idea how I kept it up for so long.  Or maybe I do know. It was a lot of stamina, support and rushing around. I don't want to rush around anymore. I want to enjoy this life, this time. 

So hear's to a new year, a vacation to kick it off (Arizona compliments of the parents) and being in each and every moment from this point forward.

   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home